Beginning with the basics of balancing and braking, you will move through straight line riding, shifting and stopping and into curves, turns, simulated traffic situations and emergency maneuvers. The emphasis during the practical training, and in the classroom, is on proven defensive driving techniques to keep you safe and confident. The course concludes with a self evaluation and the Ministry of Transport approved M2 licensing test.
$465.00 * (Taxes included)
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates receive a 1 year complimentary CMA membership which may entitle them to a discount on insurance.
* Starting in 2015 the Ontario Ministry of Transportation is charging a processing fee of $20 per student. It has been included in our registration fees.
Applicants must be 16 years of age or over and possess a valid Ontario Ministry of Transportation M1 License. This special license is a 90-day permit to ride a motorcycle (with certain limitations) and is issued by the MTO upon successful completion of a written test.
When registering for the course, you must provide your driver’s licence number and the spelling of your name, exactly as it appears on the licence. Without this information, we are unable to enter you in the MTO data system.
- M2 Courses run every Weekend commencing March 29, 2019 to October 25, 2019.
- Course includes one classroom session and two riding sessions.
- Courses run rain or shine!
7 pm – 10 pm
Mohawk College (Saltfleet Campus)
481 Barton Street East, Stoney Creek
• Your Valid M1 Permit
• Paper and pen
Do not ride your bike to class.
Saturday and Sunday:
8:30 am – 5 pm
On site in Stoney Creek (Details provided at time of registration)
- Your Valid M1 Permit
- Helmet (approved for road use)**
- Full coverage leather gloves (must have fingers) **
- Boots above ankle with sturdy soles (NO running shoes) **
- Jacket (denim, leather or other durable material) **
- Sun block is recommended
(** Decision on whether gear is acceptable is solely at the discretion of the senior instructor)
One retest may be available, at no charge. This must be at a time convenient to the Instructor and within one year of taking the original course.
TRAINING MOTORCYCLES ARE PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE!